Sunday, January 28, 2018

GN-Day_029


GENESIS 47-48:
In yesterday's reading, Jacob arrived in Egypt with his family. Excluding more extended family, the whole group numbered 70 people at that time.

JOB 29:
Yesterday we heard the chapter in praise of God’s wisdom, which GNT attributes to Zophar. Today Job speaks of his former blessings, in the first of three chapters which are the final statement of his case.

1PETER 3:
Peter packed each sentence with meaning. I encourage you to take time to read the first two chapters slowly and think about Peter’s descriptive words. Yesterday, for instance, we read the wonderful “Living Stones” passage— which pictures deep meaning about our spiritual identity because of our being built upon (or, joined as one with) Christ, the Cornerstone.

At the end of chapter 2, Peter taught about submitting to governmental leaders, and slaves submitting to their masters.

NLT Translation notes:
Job 29:12 For I assisted the poor in their need
and the orphans who [needed/required] help.
18 “I thought, ‘Surely [my death will come after a good, long life//I will die surrounded by my family
after a long, good life] and I will be surrounded by my family.
24 When they were discouraged, I [had only to smile//smiled] at them.
My look of approval was precious to them.
====
1Ptr. 3:15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about [where you have placed your hope//your Christian hope], always be ready to explain [about Christ/it].


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment