Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
In this podcast I discuss the theme I have chosen for the Daily Bible Reading podcast for 2014. As we read through the whole Bible in 2014, I will pause occasionally to highlight verses that relate to our identity in Christ.
This episode was recorded in the village of Bindes in Papua.
There is a 4 minute supplemental MP3 file that gives sounds from that day. I "happened" to arrive on a day when ladies from three villages had gathered together for fellowship.
- mixed vocal group of young people
- group Bible reading
- women of one village singing a hymn in Indonesian
- Ayub reading Hebrews 4:12 in our Plain Indonesian Translation. (Ayub is a man I sponsored to go to seminary. The Lord is greatly blessing his ministry!)
- Ladies from one village singing an Orya worship song (rain in background)
- A short word from Pastor Yakob Kaya (the one in the video I show in every church who spoke about the impact of having Scripture in the Orya language).
Monday, October 7, 2013
After the long 5-hour+ overnight flight from Jakarta to Sentani in the far eastern province of Papua, I didn't record a podcast. So this is recorded on my second day here.
I am making some progress in setting daily Bible readings for 2014. I hope to have a calendar available soon. I hope that the canlendar itself might encourage some to read the Bible all the way through in 2014, whether or not they listen to the podcasts.