Thursday, July 27, 2017

GN-DBRP_209 JER.15 JER.16 PSA.145 1CO.1.18-31 1CO.2


JEREMIAH 15-16:
Yesterday the dialog between the Lord and Jeremiah continued. We heard of the drought. And the Lord forbid Jeremiah to pray for the people of Judah.

PSALM 145:
This is an acrostic psalm in Hebrew, and it gives us a great place to start when praising God.

1CORINTHIANS 1:18—2:
Let’s not allow the chapter division here to interrupt what Paul teaches us about God’s wisdom! So let’s start reading in chapter 1 verse 18.

GNT Translation note:
Jer. 15:10 What an unhappy man I am! Why did my mother [ever] bring me into the world? I have to quarrel and argue with everyone in the land. I have not lent any money or borrowed any; yet everyone curses me.
====
Ps. 145:21 I will always praise the Lord; let all [your//his] creatures praise [You//his holy name (metonymy)] forever.
[Again in this psalm in the podcast I will rephrase some verses so that all of this psalm becomes a prayer to God. Third person to first person changes occur in verses 3, 13-14, and 17-21.]
====
1Cor. 1:19 [God says in scripture//The scripture says], “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and set aside the understanding of the scholars.”
2:5 Your [believing//faith], then, does not rest on human wisdom but on God's power.

NLT Translation note:
Jer. 15:2And if they say to you, ‘But where can we go?’ tell them, ‘This is what the LORD says:
“‘Those who are destined for death, will die;
those who are destined for war, [will die in//to] war;
those who are destined for famine, [will die in//to] famine;
those who are destined for captivity, [will die in//to] captivity.’
====
1Cor. 2:2 For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, [and the fact that He//he one who] was crucified.
6 Yet when I am among mature believers, I do speak with words of wisdom, but not the kind of wisdom that belongs to this world or to the rulers of this world, who [will quickly pass away//are soon forgotten].


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment