Sunday, June 28, 2015

2015DBRP_180 1King9-10 Ps119h John7a


The temple was completed! And yesterday we heard Solomon’s very wise prayer asking God to fulfill his promises and help the people of Israel. In his prayer, he recognized that the people of Israel would not be able to remain faithful to the Lord, but that they would sin and then need to repent. Solomon asked God to forgive and to hear the people in situations of sin and desperation because of the Lord's punishment upon them.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/1ki.9.nlt

 

Note that yesterday we read one of the frequently memorized verses from this psalm:

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet

and a light for my path.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/psa.119

 

Notice the deep meaning in John 6:56 and the application which Jesus’ listeners could not understand— that is to the Lord's Supper. Jesus says,

“Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains [joined to//in] me, and I [remain joined to//in] him.”

This is the same meaning of ‘in Him’ that we will see in John chapter 15. And Jesus also said,

58 I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they ate the manna) but [anyone who eats this bread] will live forever.”

And Peter made one of his best and most quotable statements when Jesus asked the twelve if they also would leave:

68 … Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. 69 We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God.”

 

Translation note:

33But Jesus told [the crowd//them], “I will be with you only a little longer. Then I will return to the one who sent me.

 

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/jhn.7


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment