Sunday, June 14, 2015

2015DBRP_166 2Sam15 Ps114 Rom15b


In our last reading, we heard how Joab creatively arranged to persuade David to bring Absalom back from exile. And how eventually David agreed to let Absolom meet him directly.

https://www.bible.com/bible/68/2sa.15.nlt

 

Psalm 114 praises God for the miraculous deliverance from Egypt.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/psa.114

 

Chapter 15 of Romans comes to this summary sentence in verse 13: “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you [fully believe//trust] in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”

 

Translation notes:

6Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord [Christ Jesus//Jesus Christ].   (similarly in 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 18, 27)

13I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you [fully believe//trust] in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

22In fact, my visit to you has been delayed so long because I have been preaching in [those//these] places.

23But now I have finished my work in [those//these] regions, and after all these long years of waiting, I am eager to visit you.

30Dear brothers and sisters, I urge you in the name of our Lord [Christ Jesus//Jesus Christ] to join in my struggle by praying to God for me. Do this because of your love for me, given to you by the Holy Spirit.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/rom.15


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment