Wednesday, March 16, 2016

DBRP_077 NUM.15 PSA.35 LUK.22.39-71


Let’s open to NUMBERS 15.

Yesterday in Numbers 14 we heard the very important and dramatic story: The people of Israel became unworthy to enter the Promised Land because of their stubborn unbelief. In the midst of that experience, Moses' prayers to God on behalf of the people are prime examples of how to plead with the Lord. The key revealed in that passage is to plead with God in accordance with his character and quoting his promises!

Turning to PSALM 35:

In today’s psalm, David prays for victory against his enemy, King Saul, who became David's enemy for no good reason— only because of envy.

Translation notes:
9 Then I will be glad because of [You, Lord//the Lord]; I will be happy because [You/he] saved me.
10 With all my heart I will say to [You//the Lord], “There is no one like you. You protect the weak from the strong, the poor from the oppressor.”
13 But when they were sick, I dressed in [rough clothes to show I was in mourning for them!//mourning;]
I deprived myself of food; I prayed with my head bowed low,

We turn for the second time to LUKE 22.

Yesterday in this chapter we heard of Judas betraying Jesus to the Jewish leaders, of the last supper, and of Jesus' last words to the disciples, including the prophecy that Peter would deny Him three times.

Translation notes:
48 But Jesus said, “Judas, is it with a kiss that you betray [Me,] the Son of Man?”  
64 They blindfolded him and [kept on asking him, “If you’re such a great prophet, tell us who hit you!//asked him, “Who hit you? Guess!”]
69 But from now on [I will be seated as the Son of Man//the Son of Man will be seated] at the right side of Almighty God.”
70 They all said, “Are you, then, the Son of God?” He answered them, [“You are right in saying that I am.”//“You say that I am.”]

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment