Saturday, January 10, 2015

2015DBRP_011housekeeping


Thanks for opening this extra DBRP announcement podcast. I am planning that I will occasionally send out extra episodes like this one rather than including announcements inside the Bible Reading podcasts. Most of the content of these extra podcasts will be in the episode notes, so you can just glance through the notes to see whether or not you want to listen to me reading them to you. I also will send out extra recordings when I am in Indonesia. My first trip there this year will start around mid-February.

 

The Digging Deeper Forum is off to a rocky start. After a spam attack, I have changed the forum software. The forum is again open for registrations. Here’s why I think the forum is important for whole the Digging Deeper community: The Word of God that we are reading and listening to is living and active, so it always changes us and challenges us spiritually. Therefore it seems to me that we ought to keep a door open for deeper communication than would be possible through the various social media options. I will keep a link to the forum as one of the menu choices at our web site, and you can click here in the episode notes to go to it: dailybiblereading.info/forum. The door is open for you to share treasures you find, ask deeper questions, and share prayer requests.

 

There is also a new Send us a Message page at the website. This menu option is found under the Shovels heading. You can use the form on that page to send a question to the Digging Deeper Forum without having to register there. If you have a spiritual issue and would like confidential advice or counsel, we have some spiritually mature forum members who will answer your note by e-mail. You can also use the message form to register for the forum or send a comment to me.

 

If you are repeatedly visiting the DBRP web site with your smart phone or tablet in order to listen to the Bible readings, you probably would find it more convenient to use the DBRP app for your device. If you are visiting the DBRP site via the links in the Bible.com app,  then I suggest you use the DBRP app in tandem with the Bible.com app. I think it is more convenient to start the audio in the DBRP app and leave that playing while you switch to the Bible.com app for reading. See the Ways to Listen and Read page at our web site.

 

I praise the Lord for you, my brother or sister. May the Lord bless you ‘real good’.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment