Monday, February 13, 2017

GN-DBRP_045 EXO.29 PSA.3 LUK.4.1-30


EXODUS 29:
Yesterday we read about the design of the altar for burnt offerings and the plans for the courtyard. The dimensions we heard the day before were for the sacred tent that was enclosed by the courtyard that we heard about yesterday. And we read about the fabulous garments for the priests, Aaron and his sons.

PSALM 3:
As the title says, this is “A psalm of David, regarding the time David fled from his son Absalom.”

Found at various strategic points in the Psalms is the word ‘Selah’. This has been variously translated. The truth is, we don’t know what it means! But people conjecture that it is a musical term, and it likely could have signalled an interlude. I suspect it could also be a repetition mark. Whatever it is, it likely would have had the effect of allowing the listener to pause and reflect on what was just performed or communicated.

Luke 4:
Yesterday we heard of John the Baptist's ministry and imprisonment, and the genealogy of Jesus.

GNT Translation notes:
Ps. 3:7 Come, Lord! [Please save me//Save me], my God!
You punish all my enemies
and leave them powerless to harm me.
====
23 He said to them, “I am sure that you will quote this proverb to me, ‘Doctor, heal yourself.’ You will [then] also tell me to do here in my hometown the same things you heard were done in Capernaum.

NLT Translation notes:
Ps. 3:4 I cried out to [You/the], LORD ,
and [You/he] answered me from his holy mountain.
====
Luk. 4:1 Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit [to go into/in] the wilderness,
23 Then he said, “You will undoubtedly quote [0/me] this proverb [to me//0]: ‘Physician, heal yourself ’—meaning, ‘Do miracles here in your hometown like those you did in Capernaum.’


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment