Tuesday, July 12, 2016

DBRP_195 2KI.17 2KI.18 PSA.131 JHN.14.15-31


2KINGS 17-18:
Yesterday we again heard quite a few names of kings, especially on the Israel/Northern side. And this culminated with Tiglath-pileser of Assyria deporting the people of Israel. Because of a heavy bribe, Judah avoided this by becoming a vassal state of Assyria. Actually, this was probably wise on king Ahaz's part. Judah was not always so wise in interpreting the signs of the time.

PSALM 131:
God’s grace requires that we receive from the Lord, not insisting on our working to gain good standing by ceaselessly trying to earn points with God. We can learn from children.

JOHN 14b:
In John 14 yesterday, we read one of Jesus’ most important and often quoted statements:  “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”

Translation notes:
10 Do you not believe, Philip, that I am [joined as one to//in] the Father and the Father is [joined to//in] me? The words that I have spoken to you,” [all of you//Jesus said to his disciples,] “do not come from me. The Father, who remains [joined with//in] me, does his own work [through me//0].
11 Believe me when I say that I am [joined as one with//in] the Father and the Father is [one with//in] me. If not, believe because of the things I do.
13 And I will do whatever you ask for in [order to bring glory to me//my name], so that the Father's glory will be shown through the Son.
14 If you ask me for anything [for the sake of my glory//in my name], I will do it.
20 When that day comes, you will know that I am [joined as one with//in] my Father and that you are [one with//in] me, just as I am [one with//in] you.
22 Judas (not [the one from the village of Carioth//Judas Iscariot]) said, “Lord, how can it be that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?”
26 The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send [for the sake of my glory//in my name], will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment