Tuesday, April 26, 2016

DBRP_118 JOS.14 JOS.15 PSA.73 ACT.23.19-35


JOSHUA 14-15:

Yesterday in Joshua we heard an inventory of the kings conquered so far and details about the allotments of land for the 2 1/2 tribes east of the Jordan.

PSALM 73:

This is one of my favorite psalms because it speaks to an intellectual problem that so often bothers me. The turning point is verse 17 in this poem by Asaph.

Translation notes:
26 My mind and my body may grow weak,
but [You, O my God, are//God is] my strength;
[You are//he is] all I ever need.
28 But as for me, how wonderful to be near [You, O] God,
to find protection with [You,] the Sovereign Lord
and to proclaim all that [You have//he has] done!

Turning for the second time to ACTS 23:

Paul before the council cried out words that divided the council, “Brothers, I am a Pharisee, as were my ancestors! And I am on trial because my hope is in the resurrection of the dead!” Note that no one said, “But who says that Jesus has risen from the dead?!” The leaders could produce no proof that Jesus had not risen from the dead, and this fact also refuted the teaching of their sect, the sect of the Sadducees. So the resurrection of Jesus touched a very raw nerve for them. In the night, Jesus came personally to encourage Paul.

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment