Tuesday, March 17, 2015

2015DBRP_077 Num15 Ps35 Luke22b


Yesterday in Numbers 14 we heard the very important and dramatic story: The people of Israel became unworthy to enter the Promised Land because of their stubborn unbelief. In the midst of that experience, Moses' prayers to God on behalf of the people are prime examples of how to plead with the Lord. The key is to plead with God in accordance with his character and quoting his promises!

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/num.15.nlt

 

In today’s psalm, Psalm 35, David prays for victory against his enemy, King Saul, became David's enemy for no good reason— only because of envy.

 

Translation notes:

8 So let sudden ruin come upon them!

Let them be caught in the [same/0] trap they set for me!

Let them be destroyed in the pit they dug for me.

 

9 Then I will rejoice in [You,/the] LORD.

I will be glad because [you/he] rescues me.

 

10 With every bone in my body I will praise [You/him]:

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/psa.35

 

We turn for the second time to Luke 22. Yesterday in this chapter we heard of Judas betraying Jesus to the Jewish leaders, of the last supper, and of Jesus' last words to the disciples, including the prophecy that Peter would deny Him three times.

 

Translation notes:

48 But Jesus said, “Judas, would you

betray the [Me,/0] the Son of Man, with a kiss?”

 

69 But from now on [I,/0] the Son of Man, will be seated in the place of power at God’s right hand.”

 

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/luk.22


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment