Sunday, March 8, 2015

2015DBRP_068 Num2 Ps26 Luke18a


Yesterday we started the book of Numbers. God ordered a census of the men capable as soldiers in war. And we heard the list of the clan leaders of the 12 listed tribes, excluding Levi. (The number is 12 because the tribe of Joseph is split in two.)

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/num.2.nlt

 

We turn now to Psalm 26, which is a personal lament. It is similar to Psalm 25, but does not contain confession, David asked for God’s vindication because of his personal integrity. David shows his love for God by his devotion to God’s sanctuary.

 

Translation notes:

 

1 Declare me innocent, O LORD, for I have acted with integrity;

I have trusted in [You, LORD,//the LORD] without wavering.

 

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/psa.26

 

We turn for the first time to Luke 18. Yesterday we heard about the suddenness of the coming of Jesus as the Son of Man, and that believers will be suddenly taken out of a context that looks like 'business as usual'. Jesus again says that first He must suffer and be rejected.

 

Translation notes:

 

8 I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when [I,/0] the Son of Man returns, how many will [I/he] find on the earth who still [believe in Me//have faith]?”

 

28 Peter said, “[How about us?!//0] We’ve left our homes to

follow you!”

 

31 Taking the twelve disciples aside, Jesus said, “Listen, we’re going up to Jerusalem, where all the predictions of the

prophets concerning [me,//0] the Son of Man will come true. 32 [I/He] will be handed over to the Romans, and [I/he] will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit upon.

 

33 They will flog [me/him] with a whip and kill [me/him], but on the third day [me/him] will rise again.”

 

41 “What do you want me to do for you?”

“Lord,” he said, “I want to see [again/0]!”

 

42 And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! [It is because you fully believe in me that you are healed.//Your faith has healed you/]

 

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/luk.18


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment