Sunday, February 22, 2015

2015DBRP_054 Lev5-6 Ps12 Luke9a


Yesterday we read about sacrifices given for unintentional sins and

for peace offerings.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/lev.5.nlt

 

In Psalm 12, we hear of trusting in God's promises even in the midst

of hard times.

 

Translation notes:

5 The LORD replies, “I have seen [your violence done against the helpless,//violence done to the helpless,]

and I have heard the groans of the poor.

 

6 [Your promises, O LORD,//The LORD’s promises] are pure,

like silver refined in a furnace,

purified seven times over.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/psa.12

 

We turn for the first time to Luke 9. Yesterday to the woman healed of bleeding, Jesus said, “You are now healed because you believe fully in Me.” And to Jairus, He said, “ Don’t be afraid. Just keep believing fully in Me.”

 

Translation notes:

18 One day Jesus left the crowds to pray alone. Only his

disciples were with him, and he asked them, “[According to the crowds, whose position am I ministering in?”/ /According to what the people are saying, whose position am I apparently filling?”//Who do people say I am?”]

 

In English, the answer to “Who do people say I am?” would be “Jesus”— his name. This is a case where one has to use more words than the original to capture the same intent.

 

19 “Well,” they replied, “some say the position of John

the Baptist, some say [taking Elijah's place//Elijah], and others say you are one of the other ancient prophets risen from the dead.”

 

20 Then he asked them, “But [whose place do you say

I am filling?”//who do you say I am?”]

 

21 Jesus warned his disciples not to tell anyone [about this//who he was].

 

22 “[I, the//The] Son of Man must suffer many terrible

things,”he said. “[I/He] will be rejected by the elders, the

leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. [I/He] will be killed, but on the third day [I/he] will be raised from the dead.”

 

23 Then he said to the crowd, “[PET  Everyone who wants to follow Me has to leave his own self interests and follow Me every day, thinking like this, I will keep following the Lord even to the point of death— even death by crucifixion!’//If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.]

 

44 “Listen to me and remember what I say. [I, the Son of Man am//The Son of Man is] going to be betrayed into the hands of [my/his] enemies.”

 

58 But Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens to live in, and birds

have nests, but [I,/0] the Son of Man, has no place even to lay [my/his] head.”

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/luk.9


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment