Tuesday, June 24, 2014

DBRP_Jun25_2014 1King2-3 Ps119d John5a


Today we hear David's final instructions to Solomon. They contain a few messy details, and Solomon manages to finish all of those issues. David notes Solomon's wisdom, and later Solomon (at his finest hour) asks God for wisdom to rule the nation of Israel well, and God gives it to him.

 

God is telling us how important His Word is! In yesterday’s reading I found this verse interesting: 

45 I will walk in freedom,

for I have devoted myself to your commandments.

Note that following God’s commandments does not violate freedom.

 

We hear today of Jesus healing of a man who had been sick for 38 years. Persecution ramps up because this healing was done on the Sabbath. Jesus replied to his critics, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment