Sunday, June 22, 2014

DBRP_Jun23_2014 2Sam24 Ps119b John4a


Yesterday we heard David’s final words and the listing of the 38 mighty warriors who loyally helped David in his victories. Note that Uriah the Hittite is poignantly included in the list. And this 24th chapter seems like a postscript. When it comes to verse one and the punishment that follows, I don't understand this. And looking at a couple of commentaries, it appears that the commentators are guessing also. We just are not given enough information to why this happened. Araunah's threshing floor eventually became the location of the temple. 

 

Yesterday’s reading included two of the most famous verses from this psalm:

9 How can a young person stay pure?

By obeying your word.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart,

that I might not sin against you.

 

Yesterday in John 3 we heard the words of John the Baptist at what I consider his finest hour. That was where he said, “He (Jesus) must grow greater and greater, and I must become less and less.” This is a worthy goal for all of us. And today we read about the conversation with the Samaritan woman.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment