Friday, October 13, 2017

GN-DBRP_287 EZK.6 EZK.7 SNG.4 MAT.25.1-30


EZEKIEL 6-7:
In yesterday’s reading Ezekiel portrayed the punishment of Israel and the siege on Jerusalem for a total of 430 days. Then he took a razor and cut his hair and divided it into three parts with a little left over. This was used as a demonstration that a third of the people would die in the city from disease and famine. A third will be killed by the enemy outside the city, and the last third will be scattered by the sword. A small remnant will be saved.

SONG OF SOLOMON 4:
Yesterday the woman had an extended speech. Today it is the man’s turn.

MATTHEW 25a:
Yesterday was Jesus’ extended teaching about the end times and His own return, and the parables about our Being READY to receive our Master. And at the beginning of this chapter, we have one of my favorite parables.

GNT Translation notes:
[Some modifications were made like I did when reading the NLT. See those below.]
Mat. 25:13 And Jesus concluded, “Watch out, then, because you do not know the day or the hour [of my return].

NLT Translation notes:
Mat. 25:14 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted [them to do business with//0] his money [0//to them] while he was gone.
21 “The  master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. [Come! Celebrate together with me!//Let’s celebrate together!]’
23 ending same as at the end of 21
25 I was afraid I would lose your money, so I hid it [a hole in the ground//in the earth]. Look, here is your money back.’
40 “And [I, as the King,//the King] will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,f you were doing it to me!’
41 “Then [I, as the King,//the King] will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.
45 “And [I/he] will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment