Thursday, April 13, 2017

NL-DBRP_104 DEU.23 DEU.24 PSA.61 ACT.15.1-21


DEUTERONOMY 23-24:
Yesterday we read an odd collection of regulations: Cleansing the land from unsolved murder, marrying a captive woman after a war, rights of a first-born son when a man has more than one wife, the responsibility of helping neighbors, and various problems concerning adultery.

PSALM 61:
This is one I love to sing.

ACTS 15a:
In Acts 14, we heard of the incredible turn of events for Paul and Barnabas. At one moment they were hailed as gods, but after a very short time Paul was stoned. As they tell the believers, “We have to go through many hardships before we enter God's kingdom in heaven.”

NLT Translation notes:
Ps. 61:6 A[s the king I ask] that you add many years [my life//to the life of the king]!
May [my//his] years span the generations!
7 May [I//he] reign under [Your/God’s] protection forever.
May your unfailing love and faithfulness watch over [me/him].


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment