Saturday, April 8, 2017

GN-DBRP_099 DEU.13 DEU.14 PSA.56 ACT.11


DEUTERONOMY 13-14:
In yesterday's reading Moses continued to stress the need for faithfulness to God and all his commands. It is clear that Moses loves the people and is marshaling every argument possible to convince them to keep on obeying God.

PSALM 56:
This is another psalm from the experiences of David. This is a good psalm for us to pray when we feel that our lives are out of control and that people are against us.

ACTS 11:
In yesterday's reading, Peter didn't even get to finish his speech before the Holy Spirit took control of the Gentile listeners. The new believers were baptized by the astonished Jewish-background believers from Joppa.

GNT Translation notes:
Ps. 56:4 [CEV I praise [You for] your promises! I trust you and am not afraid. No [mere human//one] can harm me.//I trust in God and am not afraid; I praise him for what he has promised. What can a mere human being do to me?]
9 [CEV When I pray, Lord God, my enemies will retreat, because I know for certain that you are with me.//The day I call to you, my enemies will be turned back. I know this: God is on my side—  
10 [NLT 0 O God, I praise your word. Yes, Lord, I praise your word.//the Lord, whose promises I praise.]
11 [CEV 11 I trust you and am not afraid. No [mere human//one] can harm me.//In him I trust, and I will not be afraid. What can a mere human being do to me?]
13 [NLT For you have rescued me from death;
you have kept my feet from slipping.
So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
in your life-giving light.//because you have rescued me from death
and kept me from defeat.
And so I walk in the presence of God,
in the light that shines on the living.]
====
Acts 11:13 He told us how he had seen an angel standing in his house, who said to him, ‘Send someone to Joppa for a man [named Simon who is also called Peter//whose full name is Simon Peter].

NLT Translation notes:
Ps. 56:4 I will praise [You,/0] God, for what [You/he] has promised.
I trust in [You,/0] God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?
Similar changes in v. 9-11
====
Acts 11:2 [So/But] when Peter ar
13 He told us how an angel had ap o Joppa, and summon a man named Simon[, also called//0] Peter.
17 title-name order: Christ Jesus


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment