Thursday, March 9, 2017

GN-DBRP_069 NUM.3 PSA.27 LUK.18.18-43


NUMBERS 3:
Yesterday we heard about the organization of Israel's camp, having three tribes on each of the four sides of the tabernacle. This also determined their marching position when the whole group moved.

PSALM 27:
This is a beautiful song, expressing David's confidence in the Lord’s protection, and he asks the Lord to vindicate him.

LUKE 18b:
Yesterday in the first half of the chapter, Jesus told the parable of the persistent widow and the one about the Pharisee and the tax collector. And we heard Jesus' surprising response to the rich young man.

GNT Translation notes:
[I want to remind you of how the Biblical source languages work, so I repeat these translation alternatives. I gave explanations about these when we were reading Mark’s Gospel.]
19 [Jesus started his reply by saying,//] “Why do you call me good?” [0//Jesus asked him.] “No one is good except God alone.
29 [Jesus replied,//] “Yes,” [0//Jesus said to them,] “and I assure you that anyone who leaves home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the Kingdom of God 30 will receive much more in this present age and eternal life in the age to come.”
31 Jesus took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, “Listen! We are going to Jerusalem where everything the prophets wrote about the [Me, the] Son of Man[,] will come true. 32 [I//He] will be handed over to the Gentiles, who will make fun of [me//him], insult [me//him], and spit on [me//him].
33 They will whip [me//him] and kill [me//him], but three days later [I//he] will rise to life.”
42 Jesus said to him, “Then see! [It is because you believe in Me that you are healed.//Your faith has made you well.]”

NLT Translation notes:
Ps. 27:10 Even if my father and mother abandon me,
[you, LORD,//the LORD] will hold me close.
14 [I say to myself://0] Wait patiently for the L ORD.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, I will wait patiently for [you, LORD!//the LORD.]
====
Luk.18:8 I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when [I,/0] the Son of Man returns, how many will [I/he] find on the earth who still [believe in Me//have faith]?”
28 Peter said, “[How about us?!//0] We’ve left our homes to follow you!”
31 Taking the twelve disciples aside, Jesus said, “Listen, we’re going up to Jerusalem, where all the predictions of the prophets concerning [me,//0] the Son of Man will come true. 32 [I/He] will be handed over to the Romans, and [I/he] will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit upon.
33 They will flog [me/him] with a whip and kill [me/him], but on the third day [me/him] will rise again.”
41 “What do you want me to do for you?”
“Lord,” he said, “I want to see [again/0]!”
42 And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! [It is because you fully believe in me that you are healed.//Your faith has healed you/]

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment