Wednesday, April 22, 2015

2015DBRP_113 Josh4-5 Ps69a Acts20b


In yesterday’s reading, Joshua sent out two spies. Rahab, who was a prostitute and later became an outstanding example of God's grace, protected them and eventually became a full member of Israel. The people of Israel crossed the Jordan miraculously on dry ground as Joshua leads following God's instructions.

https://www.bible.com/bible/68/psa.69.nlt

 

Psalm 69 contains words that were quoted about Jesus (v. 4 and 9). This psalm gives us an inside view of the nature of Jesus’ suffering while on earth in his public ministry.

 

Translation note:

3 I am exhausted from crying for help;

my throat is parched.

My eyes are swollen with weeping,

waiting for [You] my God to help me.

 

https://www.bible.com/bible/68/psa.69.nlt

 

In yesterday’s reading, Paul left Ephesus and prepared other churches for his departure. In Troas, Paul preached all night. Eutychus had trouble staying awake. And today we will hear all of Paul's speech at Miletus to the elders from the church at Ephesus.

 

Translation notes:

18 When they arrived he [began his speech//declared], “You know that from the day I set foot in the province of Asia until now 19 I have done the Lord’s work humbly and with many tears. I have endured the trials that came to me from the plots of the Jews.

21 I have had one message for Jews and Greeks alike—the necessity of repenting from sin and turning to God, and of [fully believing//having faith] in our Lord Jesus.

25 “And now I know that none of you to whom I have preached the [Good News about God’s] Kingdom will ever see me again.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/act.20.nlt


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment