Saturday, May 31, 2014

DBRP_Jun01_2014 1Sam23-24 Ps104b Rom8b


God gives protection and victory to David. In a scene that must have caused Saul's men to roll their eyes several times, Saul is humbled before them as David directly confronts him. But after making peace, they don't go back to Jerusalem together.

 

Again we see the majesty and wisdom of God through his creation in today's psalm.

 

What wonderful promises have been given to us in this chapter! This chapter always reminds me of a time when a Christian leader did wrong to me, and then said that it would all turn out OK because of verse 28. That ruined that verse for me for a long time. But God DOES indeed work all things for good for all of us who fulfill the conditions stated. This chapter also reminds me of Eloise Burson, the wife of one of my spiritual fathers. Some years after her husband's death, she showed me how her Bible— if you just let it fall open, always opened to Romans 8. There is no richer passage to meditate on or to memorize.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment