Friday, September 9, 2016

DBRP_254 HOS.3 HOS.4 HOS.5 PRO.23.17-35 MAT.5.1-26


HOSEA 3-5:
Beautifully interwoven word plays or metaphors were constructed using the names of Hosea’s three children. And verses of yesterday’s reading, are quoted in Romans 9 and 1Peter 2. The last verse ended:

“I will show love
to those I called ‘Not loved.’
And to those I called ‘Not my people,’
I will say, ‘Now you are my people.’
And they will reply, ‘You are our God!’”

PROVERBS 23b:
As you may have noticed yesterday, this chapter is much more thematic than chapters 10 through 22. The second half of chapter 23 is the words of a father to his son. This verse is so true and wise!
23 Truth, wisdom, learning, and good sense—these are worth paying for, but too valuable for you to sell.

MATTHEW 5a:
Today we start the chapters called the Sermon on the Mount, and these are the crowning jewels of Jesus’ teaching. Note the times when Jesus says, “You have heard it said/taught… but I say to you.” These statements are one reason why the people reacted that “Jesus taught with authority.” Note also how often Jesus tells us that the Father sees what is done in secret.

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment