Tuesday, August 2, 2016

DBRP_216QuickInfo


This quick announcement is for those of you who are following the Digging Deeper Daily reading plan in the Youversion/Bible.com app. If you just listen to the DBRP while driving or doing something else, you can skip this episode.

On July 7th I updated the Digging Deeper Daily reading plan in the Youversion/Bible.com app. But then I didn’t see it for three weeks, so I finally contacted Youversion to find out why. It turns out that you will only see the new plan if you sign out of your Youversion app and sign back in again.

Here’s why I would like you to have the newest version of the plan:

  • I have corrected some mistakes in the devotional text in the first 230 days of the year.
  • There are now direct links to the podcast recordings at the upper right corner of the Devotional text.

After I was able to see the new plan, I discovered that I had messed up the formatting of the devotional text for days 216 through the end of the year. I expect my new update to be ready for viewing anytime after August 3rd. So sometime soon, please sign off from the Bible app and sign back in again— especially if you are reading along past day 215.

It’s not easy to find out where to sign out within the Youversion Bible app! For the Android app, choose the very bottom icon in the icon bar that appears on the left, then choose the bottom item in that menu, which is labeled Settings. The settings area lets you choose text size and font, etc. The Sign Out button is located at the very top.

If you have listened this far, it is likely that you are one of those who read along while listening to the podcasts. I think it will probably be more comfortable for you to just keep on listening using whatever app you have been using. Check out dailybiblereading.info for information on listening apps. No matter whether you are using a different listening app or the embedded links, one still has to switch between applications.

Please try out the new podcast links and let me know if you find any problems with them. My favorite way to contact me would be through a Facebook message (to philip.c.fields), or by posting on the Digging Deeper Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DBRPdiggingdeeper/

I have just put out an e-mail update praising the Lord for what is happening now in our ministry in Indonesia. If you would like to be on our letter list, you can sign up using this link:

http://pioneerbible.us1.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=6087c6506e6f44abed060167e&id=c4c06b0c71

As always: May the Lord bless you real good.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment