Saturday, November 7, 2015

2015DBRP_312 Eze48 Is21 2Cor2


In the chapters from Ezekiel yesterday, we heard more rules for the prince’s worship and about temple kitchens and a beginning part about the division of the land. Very fascinating in that is the part about the river that comes out from the east side of the temple, including trees that are for healing, bearing fruit every month. We will soon hear about this river and the trees of life in Revelation.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/ezk.48.nlt

Yesterday’s chapter in Isaiah was only six verses long. It always seems very unfair to me that Isaiah had to go about naked as a sign about two countries that were not even his own. I suspect it had to have been a sign to the people of Israel as well.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/isa.21

This is another chapter where it is best to start before the chapter break.

23Now I call upon God as my witness that I am telling the truth. The reason I didn’t return to Corinth was to spare you from a severe rebuke. 24But that does not mean we want to dominate you by telling you how to put your [beliefs//faith] into practice. We want to work together with you so you will be full of joy, for it is by your own [fully believing//faith] that you stand firm.

Translation notes:

13But I had no peace of mind because my dear brother Titus hadn’t yet arrived with a report [about/from] you. So I said good-bye and went on to Macedonia to find him.

Ministers of the New Covenant

14But thank God! [God/He] has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/2co.2


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment