Thursday, September 24, 2015

2015DBRP_267News


Here is an outline of topics in this podcast:

My trip to Indonesia will be from 5 October to November 23.

The second edition of the Plain Indonesian New Testament (TSI) is typeset and will soon be printed.

Please check my facebook page for updates and pictures while I am in Indonesia. Search for me as philip.c.fields.

If you would like to be my friend on Facebook, please send a personal message to me saying you listen to the DBRP. I will then send a friend request to you.

If you have been praying for us, THANKS!

If you help them, there are ways that non-Internet-connected people can listen to the Bible readings. One is that you can get an inexpensive MP3 player and copy episodes to that device. Another is that the MP3 files can be burned as audio CDs. Instructions are found linked on the front page of dailybiblereading.info under the title, ‘Listen using an MP3 player or using audio CDs’.

Now, more about our work in Indonesia: A big answer to prayer is that the Lord has opened the way for our team to work with Faith Comes By Hearing (bible.is), which produces polished audio Bibles. Please ask God to lead me to Christians in Jakarta will organize and lead this project to completion. Pray that within a year’s time an audio version of our New Testament will be ready to distribute to rural Indonesians.

Pray for 13 students taking our on-line Bible translation course. Please ask God to help me in discerning if 1-2 of them should become paid members of our translation team.

We are now translating the Old Testament. I am looking forward to sharing new Bible translation software with the five members of my team. I think it will double our productivity! I will need to purchase some new computers for the team.

I am posting the rest of our prayer update e-mail at dailybiblereading.info/forum.

Some of you who are listening to the DBRP may have missed listening to the JoySightings series. And some of you may have listened to one or two JoySightings episodes and decided you did not enjoy the parables of Safed the Sage. I suggest that you try listening to edition 12, where I start reading from a book by David and Karen Mains, Tales of the Kingdom. This book was such a blessing to our family when we had kids in grade school. See the link to the JoySightings table of contents when your mouse hovers over the New Episodes menu choice at the web site.

Remeber that I'll update my Facebook page while I am in Indonesia.

Please pray for Gale while I am away.

Lord bless you all!

Phil


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment