Monday, September 22, 2014

DBRP_Sept23_2014 2Chron12-13 Pro29b Mat12a


Yesterday we heard of David’s grandson, Rehoboam, and the unfortunate start to his reign. The northern tribes revolted and went with Jeroboam. After that, Rehoboam made some wiser choices after that, until what we hear of today.

 

Today's highlighted verse:

23 Pride ends in humiliation,

while humility brings honor.

 

Yesterday’s reading included the judgments against the cities that witnessed Jesus’ miracles and did not repent, and Jesus’ prayer of thanksgiving. Chapter 11 ends with Jesus’ famous words, 

“Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment