Tuesday, August 19, 2014

DBRP_Aug20_2014 Lam3 Pro12b Eph2a


In today's reading, the sun pierces the dark clouds with this glorious section:

The faithful love of the LORD never ends!

His mercies never cease.

23 Great is his faithfulness;

his mercies begin afresh each morning.

24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance;

therefore, I will hope in him!”

I have only quoted the most famous part. There are many other precious verses there.

 

A favorite to introduce today’s proverbs:

23 The wise don’t make a show of their knowledge,

but fools broadcast their foolishness.

 

The first chapter has 4 instances of ‘joined with Christ’, and this chapter has seven. We have an important spiritual reality expressed in verse 6: Because we are joined as one with Christ, we are already seated with Him, reigning together with Him, in heaven. We don't wait for death to find out if we will get into heaven! And in my speaking about this in Indonesia I often say, “Those chairs in heaven are not folding plastic chairs.” I also encourage us to bring our requests to God with this position in mind.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment