Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DBRP 14Oct2013 from Papua


In this podcast I discuss the theme I have chosen for the Daily Bible Reading podcast for 2014. As we read through the whole Bible in 2014, I will pause occasionally to highlight verses that relate to our identity in Christ. 

This episode was recorded in the village of Bindes in Papua. 

There is a 4 minute supplemental MP3 file that gives sounds from that day. I "happened" to arrive on a day when ladies from three villages had gathered together for fellowship.

  • mixed vocal group of young people
  • group Bible reading
  • women of one village singing a hymn in Indonesian
  • Ayub reading Hebrews 4:12 in our Plain Indonesian Translation. (Ayub is a man I sponsored to go to seminary. The Lord is greatly blessing his ministry!)
  • Ladies from one village singing an Orya worship song (rain in background)
  • A short word from Pastor Yakob Kaya (the one in the video I show in every church who spoke about the impact of having Scripture in the Orya language).

Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment